How I Became the Curator of The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle by Lisa Mason (@LisaSMason)





How I Became the Curator of The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle
by
Lisa Mason

A writer-acquaintance who was acting as the Curator of a Storybundle earlier this year invited me to participate in his bundle.

I gladly did, having heard about Storybundle.com and all the good things the website does for readers and authors alike.

I love the Storybundle website, how they’ve set things up and their commitment to all things writing. Storybundle is a major player in the new independent publishing revolution and works well with readers’ passion for ebooks.

After the first bundle was done, and performed well, I began communicating with Storybundle, letting them know that I have an ebook backlist of previously published books and stories and that I’d been asked to serve as a judge for the 2016 The Philip K Dick Award.

Storybundle, ever alert for new bundle opportunities, was curious about my role as a judge. We’re slowly working out the details of how I may curate a 2016 Philip K Dick Award Storybundle next year. There are some logistical publishing hurdles to overcome, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, as a PKD Award judge, I had access to the master list of Finalists and Winners going back to 1983, when the award was inaugurated. I became excited that a great high-concept for a bundle would be a Philip K Dick Award Storybundle comprised of Finalists and Winners.

Storybundle said yes! There were logistical publishing hurdles to overcome with this bundle, too. I’ve worked very hard as a Curator to make The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle happen.

So there you have it, my friends! The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle includes Aestival Tide by Elizabeth Hand (PKD Finalist), Life by Gwyneth Jones (PKD Winner), The Cipher by Kathe Koja (PKD Finalist), Points of Departure by Pat Murphy (PKD Winner), Dark Seeker by K. W. Jeter (PKD Finalist), Summer of Love by Lisa Mason (PKD Finalist), Frontera by Lewis Shiner (PKD Finalist), Acts of Conscience by William Barton (PKD Special Citation), Maximum Ice by Kay Kenyon (PKD Finalist), Knight Moves by Walter Jon Williams (PKD Finalist), and Reclamation by Sarah Zettel (PKD Finalist).


The Philip K Dick Award Storybundle runs only until October 15. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. Download yours today at http://storybundle.com/pkdaward and enjoy world-class, award-winning reading right now and into the holidays.

Thank you, Lisa, for sharing your story about how this came to be. Thank you for all your hard work.

And for more kick-ass sci-fi, check out my novel EYE CANDY. It's a sweet, romantic, daring adventure with an ensemble of characters you'll love. And follow me on Instagram for daily writing inspiration and sneak peeks of my work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)