10 Questions with Writer Lawrence Sylou-Creutz Ojermark (@EmpireLore)



This Author Spotlight features writer Lawrence Sylou-Creutz Ojermark.

Lawrence was born a U.S. citizen abroad to foreign parents, yet grew up in the United States and has had the fortune of traveling since an early age. This led to years spent abroad, in a variety of fields. Learning languages rather quickly, Lawrence used that advantage in training martial arts, culminating in training under a couple masters in the orient for a few years.

After numerous escapades, adventures and over 40 countries visited, Lawrence has used these life experiences to color his writings with vivid detail. Lawrence has earned a few college degrees and  served in the U.S. Military. Writing however has always been one of his passions, and he has never once let down the pen.

Lawrence is the author of PLENARY FITNESS (see above) as well as A JOURNEY BEGINS



FATE'S NEEDLE - Book 2 of THE WINDS OF MOIRA Trilogy (available March, 2012)





MOIRA - Book 3 of THE WINDS OF MOIRA Trilogy (available April, 2012)



THE WINDS OF MOIRA - The Complete Trilogy



and FALLEN LETTERS.





1. How did you get into writing?
I began writing at an early age. As a child I enjoyed writing short stories and it has evolved from there.

2. What do you like best (or least) about writing?
I’ll answer both simultaneously: creating something where nothing once existed. The challenge is that my muse is not always forthcoming, however, at times I’m mildly amazed at what words have spilled onto the page.

3. What is your writing process? IE do you outline? Do you stick to a daily word or page count, write 7 days a week, etc?
I set goals for myself. These are internal goals. I stick to them for the most part. I never much enjoyed writing outlines, I never did it at any university I went to (please don’t tell my English teachers this), and I don’t much care for it now. The outline is often up in my head.

4. Who are some other writers you read and admire, regardless of whether they are commercially “successful?”
The list is long, too long to mention without leaving so many good writers off of it. I find that many writers bring different strengths and ideas to the table, many of which are noteworthy to me.

5. Should the question mark in the above question be inside or outside the quotes?
Inside.

6. What’s your stance on the Oxford Comma?
Mostly a shoulder-width stance in which I stare firmly at it, then decide to use it.

7. What is your book Plenary Fitness about and how did it come to fruition?
Plenary Fitness is a health and wellness book that breaks the mold of most fitness books in that it attempts to unite the different components critical to phenomenal health all in one, easy to read book.
Interestingly it was an idea I woke up with. I skipped breakfast and sat at the computer for a few hours. By noon I had most of the table of contents finished and the first 14 pages completed.

8. What’s your current writing project?
I was never fully satisfied with The Winds of Moira. I’m currently re-writing large segments, and will release it as a trilogy.

9. What book(s) are you currently reading?
I've just begun reading “The Name of the Wind” by Patrick Rothfuss.

10. Who or what inspires your writing?
My wife inspires me, as does life. I enjoy traveling, every person I meet, every country I visit, and every new experience adds to the repository of knowledge waiting to be put to paper.

Finally, is there anything you’d care to add? Please also include where people can read your published stories, buy your book, etc.
It is my goal to continue writing; it’s a passion and a hobby. I enjoy Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Health and Fitness, so expect to see more of those genres from me. If you’re curious to know more, find out about upcoming projects, promotions, books, etc. Please feel free to visit my website - http://www.empirelore.com

Thank you, Lawrence, for sharing your book and your experience with us. Let us know when THE WINDS OF MOIRA is ready.

Comments

  1. Fascinating interview, Ryan! Good job. I'll take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Winds of Moira is ready (available in paperback and kindle at Amazon)!
    I also just published Plenary Fitness: Simple Cures for Common Ailments
    :)
    www.imperialdragonpublishing.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)